“They Don’t Teach Corporate in College has resonated with tens of thousands of readers and is currently used as a text in corporations and universities across the country. This new and updated edition reflects the unique needs and challenges of current 20-somethings, who want to get ahead, but lack the know-how and finesse to make it happen. It incorporates fresh tips for effectively managing your online presence, practicing the art of “intrapreneurship,” and planning your next move inside or outside Corporate America.
Chock-full of personal anecdotes and written from the perspective of a wise older sister who doesn’t want you to learn the hard way, They Don’t Teach Corporate in College includes no-nonsense advice for:
* Making the smartest career move right out of college.
* Landing the job of your dreams by avoiding the “black hole” of HR.
* Establishing a strong reputation by encouraging others to like and cooperate with you.
* Navigating your organization’s social scene and practicing cringe-free networking.
* Mastering skills that will take you anywhere, such as goal-setting and self-promotion.
* Combating negativity and coping with difficult personalities.” -Amazon.com
They Don’t Teach Corporate in College is available now at Waterfield Library! HF5381.L48 2009