Job Search Bloopers: Every Mistake You Can Make on the Road to Career Suicide…and How to Avoid Them by Laura DeCarlo and Susan Guarneri
“You’ve been told, “Learn from your mistakes.”
But why? You don’t have to waste your time or energy in missing out on the job of your dreams while learning as you go!
In Job Search Bloopers, you’ll peek into the lives of job seekers as they share their sometimes hilarious and all-too-often horrendous career blunders. With each story you’ll also gain practical and easily applicable real-world advice on how to avoid making the same or similar bloopers while maximizing your success in attaining your next position.
This book will furnish you with the tools you need to succeed against:
* Job-Application Avalanches: Maximize this “simple” document and stop taking it for granted.
* Resume-Writing Roadblocks: Ensure your resume rises to the top of the stack.
* Cover-Letter Casualties: Make your cover letter your greatest application asset.
* Follow-Up-Letter Follies: Secure a second interview, even if you think you failed in the first one.
* Job Search Jinxes: Land your next job at least 50 percent faster.
* Networking Nightmares: Leverage your network to find the hidden job opportunities.
* Common Job Curses: Select the job that will be right for you and that leads to greater satisfaction and longevity.
* Interviewing Inadequacies: Master easy techniques to stand out in the interview.
* Slippery Salary Slopes: Increase or double your salary by asking one simple question.
* Job-Reference Rejects: Move your references from passive speaker to personal champion.
Whether you read cover-to-cover or pick out the topics relevant to your current needs, you’re certain to eliminate the roadblocks standing between you and your new job.” -Amazon.com
Check out Job Search Bloopers at Waterfield Library! HF5382.7 D425 2008